Field Maintenance and Repair
CSMI supports the operation of large numbers of technology-based systems.
CSMI Field Service Representatives (FSRs) perform electronic, electromechanical, mechanical maintenance, and communications support on deployed technologies in austere and difficult-to-support environments OCONUS.
Field personnel are factory trained and certified on original equipment manufacturer (OEM) equipment at the manufacturer’s facility. Our FSRs receive “train-the-trainer” classes enabling them to provide operator training in the field. CSMI field service technicians are certified in the following
areas by the OEM:
- System operation
- Troubleshooting to component level and Field Replaceable Unit (FRU) level
- Preventive and corrective maintenance actions
- Software and hardware configuration and upgrades
- Spare parts requirements
- Operator training
- Management of metrics
CSMI field maintenance technician teams are forward deployed and are often embedded with US government customers or located on-site at host nation facilities. This ensures for a rapid response to maintenance and field repair issues, thereby resulting in minimal down time and maximum utilization of the equipment. CSMI FSRs perform the following functions:
- Support initial fielding of systems and provide new equipment training (NET) and refresher training as needed
- Implement supply chain coordination with the end-use customer and CSMI logistical personnel
- Troubleshoot to component level if required, diagnose system performance, repair (remove & replace), and evacuate system components
- Perform technology upgrades and system modifications
- Perform battle damage assessment and repair (BDAR)
- Assist equipment end-users in the effective implementation, operation, and maintenance of the system
- Coordinate with end-use customers and the CSMI program office for status reporting
To learn more, click here to contact CSMI.